Monday, July 23, 2007

Barack Obama breaks rank

... and actually said he supports separation of church and state. He talked about how it was not only good for the "state" but it was also good for "religion," and accounts for why religion is flourishing in this country.

CNN reports:
“I am proud of my Christian faith, and it informs what I do,” Obama said. “And I don’t think that people of any faith background should be prohibited from debating in the public square. But I am a strong believer in the separation of church and state.”
Consultants have told Democratic candidates to not utter the words "separation of church and state." Thank goodness Barack must not have been listening. The subject came up in a YouTube question about whether or not the candidates would protect the interests of non-believes in this country. Obama's response was refreshing!

Good for you, Barack!

1 comment:

Dr. Zaius said...

Yay, Barak Obama! Bast candidate out there, I think.