Monday, August 13, 2007

Karl Rove Moving on Down the Road? NOT

Don't be fooled by the latest "I'm leaving to spend more time with my family" talk from Karl Rove. Who knew this guy even HAD a family? And with his son away in college, what could possibly be the motivation for leaving now?

I'll tell you in six words -- the Republican Party is in trouble. My money is on Karl Rove going behind the scenes to bail them out. Call me an inside the beltway cynic, but I simply don't believe for a minute that Rove is going quietly off into the night.

There is nothing more he can do for Bush, but he can try to protect the Bush legacy by working behind the scenes to help elect another Bush-like candidate -- meaning, someone with a folksy facade, who has the religious right in their pocket.

It might be a little more difficult this time around, however, since Rove's cover was blown by David Kuo in "Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction." But I've often questioned why Religious Right followers seem to be so gullible.

The questions to ask are "has Rove already selected his next candidate?" "Will he surface in the 2008 election (I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does)?" Or, "is he laying the ground work for the NEXT presidential election in 2012?" Whatever the case may be, I don't believe for a minute that Karl Rove is going to sit quietly in his Texas home and write a book.

No comments: