Sunday, December 02, 2007

I'm slowly freezing!

Being in Indiana today reminds me why I left ... I'm freezing!!! It's cold, raining and very windy, which is not a fun combination. It's been a bit overcast all day long, which makes the cold weather seem even colder.

I guess I'm just used to all the hot air in Washington, DC! ha

I visited with my sister and niece, in Anderson, most of today. They are going through some tough times right now, which I will not elaborate on here. As I was driving down the interstate on my way back to Indianapolis I kept thinking about our visit. The next thing I realized there were flashing red lights in my view. So I pulled over.

Me: Is there a problem?

Officer: Drivers licence and registration please?

Me: Here's my license, but this is a rental car so I don't have the registration. Did I do something wrong?

Officer: I'll talk with you about that in a moment.

And he walks away to do whatever it is they do when they have your license. I waited, and waited for what seemed like forever. And he finally returned.

Officer: Can you tell me why you were driving 45 mph out here?

Me: I didn't realize I was going so slow ... sorry. I just left my sister, and I was thinking about our visit.

Officer: Well, I'm only going to give you a warning, but you'd better drive a little faster or you might get hit. I'm just looking out for your well being, ma'am.

Geezzz .... 45mph ... ma'am ... I must be getting old!

I told my cousin what happened when I got back to his house and the first thing he said was "don't tell anybody. It makes you sound like you're 90!"

With the weather as cold as it is, I certainly do feel 90 tonight! Yikes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Too slow for Indiana? You know there's a joke there, but I'll just keep it to myself.

Did you notice if you were getting passed by the 70 year olds in their monster RVs?

Keep warm, Sweetie!

Unknown said...

Are you sure you're in Indiana and Georgia? Seriously, I have never known anyone to be pulled over for driving under speed.

After our trip to Chicago last weekend I can't take the cold anymore either.

Fran said...

Oh BAC! That is too funny.

BAC said...

DCup - I know, and thanks for keeping it between us!

Mathman - now I know why I left Indiana for Florida!

Fran - It is kind of funny, isn't it! ha

I can't seem to drive anywhere these days without being pulled over. I've been stopped twice while in CA over the past few months. And the last time I was in Indiana I was pulled over, but for not moving into the other lane when an officer had pulled over another car. Maybe I should just stick to my short trip between home and work.


BAC

Freida Bee said...

That cop just wanted to steal your weed, 'cause he assumed you were stoned.

BAC said...

Probably so, Freida Bee! ha


BAC