Thursday, January 31, 2008

Historic Final Debate

Tonight was a historic debate, as the Democrats are poised to select either the first woman or first African American presidential candidate. Clearly, the candidates understood it was in their best interest to keep this friendly, and to check their attack rhetoric at the door.

I don't think we learned anything that we didn't already know, so it all comes down now to who has the best ground operation to GOTV on Super-Duper Tuesday.

A couple of music video's came to mind while watching the debate, so I will let you decide which is most appropriate.



or



The debate has ended, and now we wait for Super-Duper Tuesday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the meantime, BAC, post some more cool music vids. Talk about teenage flashbacks! Any room left on your dance card?

BAC said...

For you ... definitely!

BAC

Mary Ellen said...

That's funny! I had the same idea when I wrote my post this morning. I had "The Love Boat" theme.

I think Hillary did great, but I also don't think that there was a clear winner. They played it safe and kept their supporters. I have the feeling that Hillary will struggle in California, though. Watching all those Hollywood stars going all gaga over Obama was really disconcerting.

BAC said...

I think the Hollywood stars might be countered by the United Farm Worker vote. There are thousands of farm workers in the state, and they worship Dolores Huerta, who is leading outreach to the Latino community for the Clinton campaign.

I do think the votes on Tuesday, across the country, will be close.


BAC

John J. said...

"I do think the votes on Tuesday, across the country, will be close." I agree with that. I wouldn't even be surprised to find Edwards's 60 some-odd delegates would be the ones picking the president. Can anyone say Secretary of the Interior?

Distributorcap said...

forgetting about who we want to win

the fact that a black man or a woman is going to the be a candidate for president is pretty amazing in so many ways.....

i dont think you will see that so fast over on the Nazi, oops GOP side of the aisle

Anonymous said...

BAC, you are so right. It really is an amazing race. How far we've come in the last few years.

Regards,

Tengrain