Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I see gay people ... and you can, too!


Question: What is Creating Change?

Answer: Creating Change is the one and only time each year that more than 2,000 lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocates from every corner of the country converge to strategize, socialize and mobilize for LGBT equality.

It features top-level trainings, workshops, networking sessions and action-planning with our movement’s best thinkers and brightest innovators — oh yeah, there’s also tons of opportunities for socializing, meeting up with old friends and making lots of new ones. In short, Creating Change is community like you’ve never experienced it before!

For 20 years the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force has hosted it's annual Creating Change conference. If you've never attended the first question I would ask is why? It's one of the best conferences for organizers in the country. And you don't have to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender to attend -- it just might make it more fun!

I'll be there from Thursday afternoon until Sunday. If you are planning to attend, please stop by the Americans United booth and say hello!

5 comments:

KELSO'S NUTS said...

Is there a way for me to help out if I'm a straight man who lives in Panama?

BAC said...

If you vote in the US, write to your members of Congress and urge them to pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), lift the ban on lesibans and gays in the military, and oppose a federal marriage amendment.

That would help.


BAC

Anonymous said...

BAC: Crazy that employment protection and marriage rights are still issues, and, worst yet, tools used by the mean-spirited amongst us. That said, I have to admit that when I first saw the words "strategize, socialize and mobilize" I read it as, um, "strategize, sodomize and mobilize." Which made me want to attend the meeting even more, of course.

BAC said...

Pissed - How funny! So I will see you there? ha


BAC

KELSO'S NUTS said...

No, BAC, sorry. I'm a permanent resident and this presidential election will likley be my last as an American voter.