Thursday, February 07, 2008

File this under things that make me laugh

Greg Sargent at TPM made me laugh with his punch line in this post:

Obama Surrogate: He Will Be "First Woman President"

From the "With Friends Like These" file...

Obama supporter and Virginia first lady Anne Holton, the wife of Governor Timothy Kaine, is putting together a group called "Women for Obama." Why form such a group on behalf of a candidate who's running against the first female with a real shot at becoming president?

Well, as another member of the group, Megan Beyer, wife of former lieutenant governor Donald S. Beyer, put it to The Washington Post...

Beyer said Obama's "warmth" and his early opposition to the war in Iraq are big selling points with female voters. "In many ways, he really will be the first woman president," she said.

Hmmm. At this rate, if Obama wins the Presidency, he'll be the first woman president and the second black one.

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Well, someone has to be the women in that family of his, it certainly isn't Michelle.

BAC said...

In all fairness, Michelle is a woman. And it's clear she loves her husband. I just wished she were more willing to love the American people and pledge to support the Democratic nominee WHOEVER that person might be.


BAC

Anonymous said...

I'm about ready to sit it out until November. I'm exhausted by the whole thing.

Or maybe I'm coming down with that flu!

Anonymous said...

Dammit. Anon is me.

BAC said...

DCup I hope you're not getting the flu. It's been a month for me, and I'm still coughing.


BAC

Fran said...

Now that was funny!