Friday, February 08, 2008

MSNBC: The Misogyny Network

The Clinton campaign is certainly justified in taking on MSNBC, and the networks demonstrated misogyny. The latest target of their woman-hating message is Chelsea Clinton, someone who has done NOTHING to MSNBC. The video tells the story:




Greg Sargent, of Talking Points Memo, says:

This is really something. The Hillary campaign has just gone to war with MSNBC, dispatching a top Hillary adviser to launch a lacerating attack on the network on a conference call with reporters moments ago.

On the call, top Hillary adviser Howard Wolfson suggested that there's a "pattern" of reprehensible comments by MSNBC personalities, and said outright that the Hillary campaign could no longer "envision a scenario where we would debate on that network given the comments that were made and have been made."
How much longer must we endure these kinds of comments before the network decides to take action against such unprofessional and irresponsible reporting?

UPDATE: Shuster Suspended for his Comment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF? Does that moron ever think twice about what idiocy spews out of his mouth?

BAC said...

Doesn't sound like it.


BAC

Fran said...

Well, I have mixed feelings. Clearly the first part of the video is just the "pimped out" part- which is not the expression I think someone like Shuster would or should use.

Then he says what he says the next morning. Half-assed apology of sorts.

I guess given the hate speech in so many other places that is truly hateful and not just stupidly ignorant, I'd rather go after the more hateful.

Honestly - I take that back. I did my last Morning Schmoe post this week. I don't want to give these asshats any more attention by posting their gaffes and insults.

The truth is there will always be naysayers and in this case, there are many. Screw them.

I say this- Hillary Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, hold your heads high and do your thing. Don't imply that these idiots on TV have any real value.

The reality is that people who already see value in Hillary Clinton won't be deterred and the Hillary haters, well they will still be hating.

Sorry for the rant. You can exhaust yourself chasing these fools down.

KELSO'S NUTS said...

Let me say it because I don't want the Clintons to even dignify this shit with response.

David Shuster, someday, I don't know when, you're goint to get some plum little assignment on how Panama is the new Switzerland or something. And I promise your ass this, you will not leave with all your body parts. Physically or theoretically. It's out of my hands now.

I have forwarded this clip to the Herrrera and Perez-Balladares campaigns.

Fran said...

Suspended! Holy crap!!

Swinebread said...

um... why wasn't Chris Matthews suspended?

BAC said...

Swinebread - I'd like to know the same thing!


BAC

Randal Graves said...

Because he's Chris Matthews, he's got a big heart, that's what some other talking hairpiece said, and he/she/it wouldn't lie!

s. douglas said...

"I had no idea that referring to Chelsea as a whore would be considered offensive."

No one is responsible for anything in this country.

Say and/or do whatever you want, and afterward blame people for their reaction, act ignorant or if all else fails, issue the now famous highly played out, Apology.