Friday, April 11, 2008

Holy Pope ... Coming to DC

And just in time for my birthday! Pope Benedict XVI will be here April 15-18. It's the first papal visit to the area since 1979.

I wonder if there is any chance I could get a ride in the Popemobile? Hey, it's cool! Take a look for yourself, if you don't believe me:

And for a bird's eye view ... how cool is this!

But I do wonder what kind of gas mileage it gets. It isn't very aerodynamic, but then I doubt he ever takes it on the interstate.

Before we close, there is one more picture I must share. It's for my good friend Tengrain, who has been a little under the weather lately. Ten, this one's for you ...

I hope you are feeling better soon!

UPDATE: I've just learned that the Pope and I share a birthday. He will be 81 on Wednesday, while I will be a mere 55. Gee, do you think this will make it any more likely that I would be invited to take a spin around Washington in the Popemobile? Yeah, I don't think so either ... ha.

3 comments:

Dean Wormer said...

Hmmm.

I would've thought the popemobile of the current pope would be a panzer or a tiger.

Learn something new every day.

Anonymous said...

I love it when Ratzi goes traveling with Father Hunky!

Happy Birthday on Wednesday.

Regards,

Tengrain

Mary Ellen said...

Hey BAC...you and I almost have matching birthdays...mine is on April 14th. No wonder we get along so well, fellow Aries? Wait...Aries are supposed to have hot tempers, glad I'm on your good side. Phew!

I wonder if the Pope would allow Sister Mary Ellen to ride along in the Pope mobile. I can dig up a pair of red shoes to go with my outfit, too. Granted, they won't be Prada...but I can get a good spinoff from this guy on Maxwell Street who has them in the trunk of his car.