Thursday, May 15, 2008

Let's Celebrate!!

1500 Posts ... 40,895 Visitors ... And marriage equality from coast-to-coast!

Yes, this marks my 1,500 post ... and let me tell you it's a lot of work stealing that many posts from other bloggers!! And more people are stopping by. In the last six months readership has doubled the total for the first two years! How exciting is that!

Maintaining a blog can sometimes feel a lot like dating. You are constantly looking for that new and improved "pick up" line. So in that spirit I would like to share some of MY favorite pick up lines, and I encourage you to add some of yours in comments.

TOP TEN PICK UP LINES:
  • If I wore your glasses could I see you home?

  • Can I buy you a drink, or would you just like the money?

  • Would you like Gin and platonic or do you prefer Scotch and sofa?

  • The doctor said it was safe for me to date ...

  • New in town? Wanna be?

  • Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?

  • Did we go to different schools together?

  • You are everything I never knew I always wanted.

  • I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

  • If looks could kill you'd be a weapon of mass destruction.
Earlier today I noticed that Miss Cellania is offering her readers Star Trek pick up lines: "Someone must have shot you with a phaser set on 'stunning.'"

So go ahead and add your own in comments ... you know you want to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news on the Cali ruling. Finally.

Pick up lines? There's the oldie but goody "If I tell you you have a beautiful body, will you hold it against me?"

Congratulations on the 1,500 and the number of visitors!!!! Very cool.

Dr. Zaius said...

Yay! Congratulations! Pick up line: "Excuse me, but you have a beep on your nose. What?" (Reach up and gently squeeze her nose) "BEEP!"

Dean Wormer said...

Congratulations!

Is there an airport near here or is it just my heart taking off?

Thanks for the link to Trek pick-up lines.