Thursday, July 31, 2008

Question Congress During August Recess

FAITH BASED INITIATIVES? Ask your Member of Congress this August!

In August, members of Congress leave Washington to spend time with their constituents at home. With the 2008 election campaign in full swing, now is the perfect time to ask current and potential members of Congress where they stand on various issues. One issue of importance to me is separation of church and state.

Simply by asking questions you accomplish two things: 1) you find out where a candidate stands on church-state matters, and 2) you demonstrate there are voters who value church-state separation.

Americans United for Separation of Church and State offers great suggested questions. Or come up with your own! Either way, it's important to get these folks on record so that you, and others in the audience who support church-state separation, will know where a candidate stands.

SPREAD THE WORD!

If you like the graphic above, visit the AU web site to get code to embed one on your blog!

.

2 comments:

Sue J said...

Thanks for this, BAC. You probably know from reading my blog that I'm undergoing some spiritual challenges, but that does not mean that I don't recognize that Church and State are separate!

As soon as I figure out how to post graphics in the sidebar at my new blog home, I'll post this one!

BAC said...

Thanks!


BAC