Sunday, January 18, 2009

Because someone wants to know more about meme

Wow, Liberality tagged me with the six random things meme. Having just done this one the other day I'm not sure I'm interesting enough to have another go at it ... but what the heck ...

Here are "The Rules":

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I had a wonderful time today at EMILY's List Inaugural Luncheon. The speakers were inspiring -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Secretary of State Designate Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Homeland Security Designate Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Labor Designate Hilda Solis, NC Gov Pev Perdue, NH Senator Jeanne Shaheen, NC Senator Kay Hagan, WI Congresswoman Gwen Moore and incoming White House Communications Director Ellen Moran. I also had a chance to catch up with long time friends from around the country, and make new ones.

2. There must be a new Sprint tower in my neighborhood, because my cell phone now works inside my house. This might seem trivial to you, but it means no more long distance charges on my land line. Whoo hoooo

3. I just downloaded more than 700 photos from my digital camera onto my hard drive. It was a short walk down memory lane seeing pics of some of my blogger friends, family members, my dogs playing in the yard last summer, a Hillary fundraising event where I was inches away from our new Secretary of State, and random photos of my house.

4. I have a crush on Dr. Zaius ... there, I've said it out loud ...

5. My favorite color is blue; my sister got the reading gene, I usually wait for the movie; and I love children, but never wanted to give birth.

6. I used to write and illustrate comic strips for fun when I was in college. I also had a part time job while in college drawing shoes for a local shoe store that were used in their newspaper ads. Instead of paying me in cash, for every five drawings I could select a free pair of shoes (so I always picked the most expensive!).

That's it! If you have been moved by reading this, please feel free to consider yourself tagged!

.

4 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

I am a bit jealous that you have seen Hilary Clinton. Every time she came here in Indiana I had to work that day or something came up so that I couldn't make it. We did go see Bill Clinton when he came but I was sick as a dog with some flu type illness and left as soon as possible. I could have had him sign his book My Life but I was afraid I'd make him sick too so I didn't.

Lucky me, I found a signed copy of just this book up at the Carmel Library book sale a few months later. I couldn't believe my luck.

Thanks for playing along again!

BAC said...

I love Hillary Clinton, and try to never miss an opportunity to see her.

About the meme ... anytime for a fellow Hoosier! I was just in Indiana over the holidays. Had I known you were there I would have given you a call! My sister and niece live in Anderson, and I have a cousin in Indianapolis. I get back a few times each year.


BAC

Life As I Know It Now said...

My mom lives up in Anderson. I live in Morgan County-guess which town? Yes, THAT town. Well I live out by Wilber but...

BAC said...

Hey, I grew up in Middletown ... population 2000 ... a lot different than DC.


BAC