Monday, November 26, 2007

Another one bites the dust ...

Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert officially resigned today. I wonder if he and Lott discussed their plans before deciding today would be the day!

Hastert had announced earlier that he did not intend to seek another term, and told colleagues days ago that he was planning on leaving the House.

There is certainly lots of speculation surrounding Lott's quick announcement. You can read more about it here and here.

Hastert would like you to believe his decision is based on what is best for the voters in his district. If you believe that ... .
The bottom line for me is that Hastert is a Republican, and I don't trust anything they say. As I mentioned in my previous post about Lott, I wonder what's up!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is going on?

Anonymous said...

And that picture of Hastert is too much!

Anonymous said...

Where on Earth did you find that picture?! He looks like some kind of extremely horrible Star Trek alien!

Fran said...

That is a great photo. It either indicates yet another straight man with who is, ahem... gay curious and would like to try a new activity.

Anyway, something is going on, what the heezy?

BAC said...

DCup, Infidel and Fran ... I can't remember where I found this pic of Hastert, but I think it's great!!

I had ANOTHER busy day at the office today, so did not get a chance to go dish dirt with our legislative folks. I will try and catch up with them tomorrow to see if they have any news on what's going on up on THE HILL ... ha


BAC

Anonymous said...

On the one hand, when Larry Flynt said a few months ago that he had dirt on a senator he said he was shocked by who it was, and to be frank the idea that Lott likes dick doesn't shock me (how could it shock Flynt?). On the other hand, if Flynt has dirt to dish on Lott....delicious. Imagine how his constituents will react. Pass the popcorn.

dguzman said...

Is that the Hastert blow-up doll? And did you get it from Larry Craig?

Anonymous said...

Where did you dig up such a great photo?

BAC said...

Dguzman - certainly looks like it!

The Chaplain - I spend way too much time online!


BAC