Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network: Take Action Now!

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network advocates are on the Hill today urging members of Congress to support the Pancreatic Cancer Research & Education Act (H.R. 745). Pancreatic cancer is the most deadly cancer and the five year survival rate has remained below 5% for the last 30 years.

Advocates are also asking Congress to commit to doubling the budget of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) over the next five years by increasing its funding to $6 billion in FY 2010.

Randy Pausch put the disease on people's radar screen as we all watched his courageous battle. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and actor Patrick Swayze are battling the disease, but the person who comes to mind for me is my good friend Jan Welch.

A year ago today we lost Jan to this terrible disease. Please take a moment today to call. Call-in information is available here. Take action now.

2 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

I hav a problem when I read about medical disorders. I always think that I am catching them!

If I could just figure out where my pancreas is, I am sure that I am getting a pain there as we speak!

BAC said...

I'd better not tell you where it is!


BAC